Genius Hour Reflection

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "goodluck jonathan thinking"

Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan having a few reflections of his own.

For my Genius Hour presentation, I chose the learning subject of juggling a soccer ball.My reasoning for choosing such a subject comes from different directions. Firstly, I wanted to enhance my development as a football (soccer) player, as juggling is one of the basics of the sport. Secondly, my father used to incessantly bash my inability to juggle;  the Genius Hour was a perfect opportunity to put an end to his mockeries. Through learning how to juggle, I also learned more about myself. Starting from scratch enabled me to test my patience and ability to listen, as I was practicing and also viewing tutorial videos. Nowadays, when it comes to activities, I am either practicing piano and playing games of soccer. As a result, I feel more comfortable due to my experience. However, when it came to juggling, I was humbled as my skill was lacking when I first started. The learning process allowed me to come down to Earth a bit because it was the first time since last spring that I was trying something relatively new.This Genius Hour helped me because I was finally able to face something that had been in front of me since I started playing soccer. It allowed me to have more courage and make the time to finally “deal with it”. When I realised my goal, it taught myself a valuable lesson: your goal is possible if you make it a priority and spend the time required. For the next Genius Hour presentation, I would like to explore the world of music: in particular, producing. Music is definitely my passion, and I have already started writing songs. However, I never really paid mind to composing and producing songs, and that is something I believe will make me a “multi-purpose artist”. Although such a goal should be centralised towards me, this can also have an impact on the world. Through production, I can interact with other artists and produce for them. Most people listen to music, and they could be inspired from my work. Such inspiration will restart the cycle.